Jayapura, Jubi – Human Right Special Committee of Papua Legislative Council stated their doubt on the police to reveal the shooting perpetrator over 12 civilians at Karubaga, Tolikara Regency, Papua in the incident of two weeks ago.
“I doubt the police can reveal the actors behind the incident that killed a boy and wounded 11 others at Tolikara,” the Chairman Laurenzus Kadepa told Jubi on Tuesday (28/7/2015).
According to him, it’s not only the shooting case at Tolikara, but he also doubt another shooting cases that previously occurred in Papua could be revealed, such as the shooting case that killed four students and wounded dozens of civilians at Enarotali, Paniai, or Yahukimo case, Dogiyai case and so on.
“It’s not limited to those cases, but also a lot of cases in Papua are still not being solved. It is a evidence that the police is not capable though there’s so much evidences, data and witnesses,” he said.
Related to the statement of one of Tolikara’s shooting victims, Amaten Wenda who confessed he and his friend were forced to give their thumbprint by the police while under the hospital’s treatment, Kadepa also criticized it.
“I don’t agree if it was done by force, the police forced to take their thumbprint. For whatever it is, it’s wrong. Moreover, the victims didn’t know what is the purpose,” he said.
The victims and their family earlier said the police forced them to sign a letter without they noticed about the content. Two of six victims were forced to give their thumbprint by a man claimed officer of Papua Police. “He grabbed my hand and put my thumb on a paper. I didn’t want it but he forced me. I couldn’t fight him because my arm is hurt,” said Amaten Wenda. (Arjuna Pademme/rom)