Jayapura, Jubi – The Regional Military Command XVII of Cenderawasih said it will update the public on the investigation into five soldiers suspected of having sold bullets to armed groups.
The military command’s chief of staff , Brigadier General Tatang Sulaiman, said it will publish any outcome of the investigation for the public to know.
“Let’s see later. It is open to the public. The suspects are now investigated by POM,” Tatang said on Monday (09/02/2015).
He said if there is enough evidence, the soldiers will face a military tribunal, because they are members of the military.
“The trial is open to the public. The penalties will be hefty as it is a critical violation that can not be tolerated,” he said.
Previously, a member of Papua Legislative Council, Deerd Tabuni asked the military command to open every inquiry and investigation results to the public.
“It should be clear, so that people will know the progress. So the people would not question it,” Deerd Tabuni said. (Arjuna Pademme/ Tina)