Three young men that had been kidnapped and tortured went to police office with their family - Jubi

Chronology of Kidnapping and Torturing of Three Young Men by Unknown People

Three young men that had been kidnapped and tortured  went to police office with their family - Jubi

Three young men that had been kidnapped and tortured went to police office with their family – Jubi

Yogyakarta, Jubi – A group of unknown people reportedly attacked three young men at around Base G Beach of Jayapura Utara Sub-district of Jayapura City on last Thursday.

Jubi’s trusted source wrote in email that on Thursday, 27 August 2015, at around 22:30 Papua time, a group of unknown people on an Avanza car kidnapped Elieser Awom, 25, Soleman Yom, 24 and Yafet Awom, 19.
“When these boys walked to a stall located about 100 meters from their home for buying cigarettes, they looked a grey silver Avanza car. As they walked towards the car, a light flashed right on their eyes that made them slightly blind. Then they were forced to get into the car and accused for thieving a motorcycle, so they must be brought the police station,” informant told Jubi.

However, they were actually not taking to the police station but being interrogated and tortured. Informant said they were interrogated in the car on the way from Jayapura Utara to Jayapura Kota, Abepura, Koya, Skouw and Sentani, certainly the road to Genyem, Jayapura Regency.

When arrived at Sentani, the road to Genyem at around 03:00, 28 August 2015, Soleman Yom and Elieser Awom were released and they both run. While running, people in the car shot them forth time, but they kept running.
“Both were running to the forest area near to sago village. They just came out on the morning to go to their relatives in Sentani for taking them home. They arrived at home at 11:00, and the family was shocked. Meanwhile, Yafet was still not come home. Therefore, his family came together searching him in everywhere between Jayapura City to Jayapura Regency. But two days later, he came home riding motorcycle taxi.


“Yafet said he was jailed at Jayapura Police Station on Friday, and released on Saturday. Despite escorting by the police, he went home alone by motorcycle taxi. His family was shocked to find his condition was similar with two other boys when he arrived,” he said.

He further explained, due to being tortured, Yafet Awom get four bruises at the back. Up to now he is still traumatized and dizzy, and not able to speak. He got swelling at the right chest due to the hit of bayonet made him in pain when swallowing food. Some wounds in the thigh and scars in his body indicates he was stabbed and scratched by knife during the interrogation and there are also some wounds of cigarette burned. His face and eyes were swollen of being hit by upper knife and hand.

Soleman Awom was hit and kicked, and also stabbed at the neck. He also got some bruises in his body but the wounds are in recovery. Meanwhile, Eleiaser Awom is still in hospital and cannot walk due to internal injured by hitting on the chest. He was also stabbed at the back and right shoulder near. His face and lips were swollen.

Based on the victims’ statement, the kidnappers are four people. Three of them didn’t wear uniform while one wore the police’s t-shirt, trousers and shoes.

Until now the family could not accept the actions taken by those irresponsible persons. The family could not understand the motive behind this incident, why did they torture these boys,” he said. (Arnold Belau/rom)

You might also like